From the Ahner in Rodeneck, it’s only a hop, skip and a jump to the nearby ski areas. The nearby Gitschberg-Jochtal ski area with its 51 km of slopes boasts extremely well-groomed ski slopes and modern lifts.
The Plose – a great skiing mountain in Brixen’s own backyard – features the Trametsch, with its 9 km of downhill ski slopes. This compact ski area is oriented primarily towards the Dolomites and could be considered an “insider tip”.
The next really big ski area is the Kronplatz, with 100 km of slopes and Gröden with the Sellaronda and 40 km of slopes. They’re all only a half hour away by car – so there’s nothing standing in the way of your optimal winter sports holiday.
If you’d prefer a less strenuous winter vacation and are more interested in exploring the wintertime forests, we have everything you need right at our front door: Our Rodenecker Alm is an insider tip among alternative winter sports enthusiasts.
Cross-country skiers will find a 15-km-long panoramic roundtrip route and lots of ski tours described in detail. Come discover the snow-covered high-altitude meadows and forests of the Astjoch.
The bobsledding slope from the Roner Hut via the old Alm Trail will lead you directly to the Ahner. So the bobsledding fun begins right at our front door. Important: Even in winter, you can leave your car at home. That’s because our convenient bus takes guests to the Zumis/Rodenecker Alm parking lot several times a day.
In the wintertime:
- Free of charge – Ski pass for children under 8 years of age (when an adult purchases a ski pass for the same period of time)
- 2 Snow parks in the Gitschberg-Jochtal ski area
- 3 Children’s parks in the Gitschberg-Jochtal ski area
- 1 Fun Ride in the Gitschberg-Jochtal ski area
- Hourly shuttle service to the Meransen ski area
- 2 Groomed tobogganing trails (Meransen and Plose)
…and much, much more…